Municode is committed to leading the municipal services industry, staying abreast of technology and focusing on the needs of our local government customers so that everyone – you, our employees and citizens – will benefit.
Municode is a growing legal publishing and technology company looking to hire a Sr. Systems Administrator to join their team of IT Professionals. This role will be responsible for managing in-house computer software systems, servers, storage devices and network connections to ensure high availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual will also participate in the planning and implementation of information systems to ensure the provisioning and maintenance is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. This role will assume full supervision of IT operations with assistance from the IT Director.
- Manage physical and virtual environment of 300 plus servers using VMware (80% windows/20% Ubuntu).
- Manage MS Azure Active Directory along with Azure AD Connect and ADFS to support Hybrid Office 365 deployment.
- Create and manage VMware Horizon 7 virtual desktop infrastructure and create Windows 7/10 desktop pools.
- Deploy windows patches for servers and workstation using Ivanti patch management.
- Familiarity with NFS and iSCSI protocols using various SAN platforms (HP 3Par, Nimble, and DELL EQL).
- Proactively manage and maintain servers, core/distribution switches and network firewalls.
- Administer and cross train team members with Carbon Black antivirus system and monitor sensor activity levels on a daily basis.
- Have familiarity with MS SQL server, windows clustering, and domain controller functions with group policy.
- Perform and test routine system backups and restores with Veeam Backup and Replication.
- Manage the physical environment of the server racks including cable management, documentation, labeling, and configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access.
- Provide after-hours support for infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekends for maintenance.
- Mentor/cross train team members on existing and new technologies.
Strategy & Planning
- Ensure the security of the server infrastructure by implementing industry best practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Practice server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware upgrades, patches and reconfiguration procedures.
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations.
- Manage vendors, outsource services, and contractors to secure software products and services.
- Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices moving forward.
- Develop required reports in response to business users and management needs.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills and work well with others.
- Candidates must be able to work as a team member in troubleshooting issues and innovate solutions to solve problems.
- Take on a managerial role within IT operations and provide solutions for systems administration and desktop support staff.
- Contribute to monthly on-call rotation where one weekend of responsibility is assigned.
- Able to travel to the business co-location when services are needed.
VMware Virtual Environment Administration
- Experience with VMware vSphere ESXi 6.x physical hosts and VMs in multi-site environment.
- Can create VMware Horizon 7 virtual desktop infrastructure and desktop pools.
- Experience configuring and administering VMWare Horizon 7 Virtual Desktop environments consisting of at least 100 virtual desktops.
Windows/Linux Server Administration
- Experience with numerous Microsoft administrative applications:
- Azure Active Directory, ADFS, Office 365, DFS-R, DNS, DHCP, IIS, NLB, etc.
- Can install and manage Microsoft SQL Server (2005-2016).
- Can manage and maintain Microsoft Server Operating Systems (2008 – 2016).
- Experience with numerous LB technologies.
- Microsoft NLB – Leverage ARR to backend IIS web servers.
- Linux LB – Leverage HAProxy to back-end apache/php application servers.
Storage and Backup Administration
- Experience with HP 3Par, DELL EqualLogic, Nimble AFA SAN appliances.
- Have good knowledge of the Veeam Backup and Replication process.
- Familiar with Cisco, Brocade, and Juniper switch configurations.
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Experience with next gen antivirus that utilizes a white-list approach, use Carbon Black Defense sensors on all endpoints.
- Experience with CenturyLink cloud-based VoIP systems.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in MIS, IS, Computer Science, or equivalent experience field of study.
- Windows MCITP/MCSA/MCSE is preffered.
- Juniper/Cisco/Palo Alto certifications are a plus.
- VMware Horizon 7 experience is preffered.
- At least 5-10 years’ experience as a systems administrator in an enterprise environment.